With pressure mounting to reduce consumption and improve sustainability, a new generation of electricity monitoring devices has emerged to address the challenge.
Tiny, wireless electricity sensors do the job of a $1,000 electricity sub-meter, but they cost just $50 apiece. You will be able to see a complete picture of your energy consumption – every fan, motor, pump and circuit.
And – as an added bonus – these sensors keep track of machine health and alert you to potential failure before it occurs.
How is this possible? As in many other fields, technology advances have triggered a seismic shift in the cost and effectiveness of energy management. These new sensors are:
- Easy to deploy (they just snap on the circuit you wish to measure)
- Completely wireless (they communicate through the Cloud)
- Self-powered (through electromagnetic induction)
- Immediately effective (continuous data from Day 1)
What are the benefits? These new sensors allow for continuous energy monitoring throughout your facility, so you will see and understand your energy consumption as never before: every pump, fan, motor, compressor and circuit. These new sensors allow you to:
- Reduce energy waste
- Improve operational efficiencies
- Prevent unexpected equipment failures
These sensors are available as part of a turnkey solution that includes scoping, installation; a comprehensive suite of reports and alerts; training; and oversight. Typically, there is no up-front capital commitment, and you can expect to pay less than $1,000 per month for a 50-sensor installation.
Even better…you can expect such a system to pay for itself in the first 60 days.
How to choose an energy monitoring system now
Choose a system that is:
- Fast and easy to deploy – you should expect to install as many as 100 sensors in a day.
- Inexpensive to buy and operate
- Easy for operators to use
And which provides:
- Comprehensive data visibility
- Flexible reporting and alerts
- Intuitive control over volume of information.