York College of Pennsylvania is a private, coeducational, institution located in south central Pennsylvania. The college offers more than 50 baccalaureate majors to its 4,600 full-time undergraduate students, along with Masters programs in business, education, and nursing, and a doctoral program in nursing practice.
Applied Energy Partners was asked to run multiple auctions for:
- The core commercial account
- Residential accounts for student and faculty housing
- A bridge account to ensure that all new and existing accounts co-terminate.
- 3 Different Suppliers won contracts for the 3 events
Commercial: 2 campuses, 39 total accounts totaling 21 MM kWh
- 11 Suppliers Participated
- Resulting in 22% in savings with $278K in annual savings and $835K in term savings
- Premium for 20% Green was marginal only $900 a year
- 106 Accounts totaling 600,000 annual kWh
- 30% savings: $13K annual savings and $40K term savings
- With 20% green to match all the other contracts
- 14 Accounts equaling 600,000 kWh
- Resulting in 24% Savings $9K annual