If your energy procurement process doesn’t include ALL of these requirements, you should look around for a different energy procurement partner with a better process.
- The buying process should be totally transparent – no hidden fees
- Pricing should be comparable – i.e. for exactly the same contract terms – received from all suppliers on the same day
- The process should be fair and unbiased. Your procurement partner should not represent you, not the suppliers, nor be paid commissions by them.
- ALL SUPPLIERS in your area – at least 15 to 20, not just 4 or 5 – should participate in the head-to-head bidding.
- Multiple prices should be requested simultaneously – 12, 24, & 36 month contract terms, with/without green power, bandwidth, payment terms and anything else you want to know.
- Green power shouldn’t cost extra. 5 Buyers Group Picture Home Page (5)
- You should have no obligation to accept the lowest, or any of the bids.
- The process should be quick and efficient – 2-3 hours of your time
- No long-term ‘consulting’ contract needed (with your broker).
- On-going support between contract renewals should be at no additional charge – e.g. monitoring the energy markets, bill auditing etc.
If your process doesn’t include ALL of these requirements, you should look around for a different procurement partner with a better process.
Give us a call to discuss how The Energy Exchange℠ can save you time AND money.
“It’s the fastest path to the lowest price.”©