Montgomery County Community College is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2016. A multi-campus institution, MCCC (or MC3 as it calls itself) comprises 16 accounts and uses over 11 Million kWh of electricity annually.
MCCC asked us to assist in supporting its Climate Commitment Pledge by exploring options for Green Power. We conducted two parallel auctions: Non-green (brown) power, and 100% green power
- 15 Suppliers bid on non-green
- 12 Suppliers bid on 100% Green
The results were spectacular: The Client signed a 36-month contract with 20% savings – almost $500,000 over the term of the contract. Even more impressive – the option they chose included 100% Green Power at a premium of less than $5,000 per year.
We came up with the winning formula: E=MC3 @ 100% Green
That’s the advantage of working with a professional energy consultant, instead of just a broker. We know:
- WHEN to buy. We track energy market trends every day, and we advise you how and when to use the trends to your advantage.
- We know WHERE to buy. We know the strengths and weaknesses of every energy supplier in your area, and our proprietary auction process creates intense head-to-head competition among them.
- We know HOW to buy. We help you avoid the landmines in contract language, regulatory changes, tax exemptions, and billing errors.
You’ll see every available price and gain valuable insights into the key issues of energy procurement. And you may be able to purchase renewable energy at a surprisingly small premium. All with minimal investment of your time.